California Gull at Pea Island

	I wasn't going to report a gull I found saturday because of the distance at
which I identified the bird however, this morning I ran into a couple of
birders from Canada, Kevin Kavanagh and Gregor Beck, who got much better
looks at it than I did and confirmed it's I.D. as a California Gull. The
gull was standing in shallow water out on south pond with a large number of
Herring and Great Black-backed Gulls.
	Also at South Pond were a couple of unbanded Piping Plovers. At Buxton were
3 Purple Sandpipers on the groins near the old lighthouse site.
	Over on Roanoke Island at least one Western Kingbird is still present as of
late monday morning.
	Cheers,
		Jeff Lewis  -  Manteo, NC