green-tailed towhee

Cbirders,

One of the great things about being in my homestretch semester is that I do
not have class on Tuesdays.  Later, this free day will come in handy for
pursuing school or work-related activities, but today I went birding.

I met Gene Howe just as he finished putting out seed for the green-tailed
towhee and his supporting cast of hundreds.  A half hour after Gene left, the
bird hopped into view for several minutes.  This was about 10:10.

I set up my camera and waited with my eye glued to the viewfinder for as long
as I could take it (about an hour and a half).  I left just before noon
without seeing the towhee again.  If there is a lesson here, it is arrive
early.

Hal Broadfoot
halwb@aol.com
Buies Creek, NC