Re: Black-headed Gull at Mattamuskeet

Hello All,

I wanted to confirm that Matt Chytka and I had great looks at the Black-headed Gull today.  This gull was in very close range, and with the assistance of my scope, we had Boneys and the BH gull in the same view together.  The bird
was just 10 feet from the causeway, and we got floating looks for almost twenty minutes, and a fly-away look that gave us the brilliant red look.  Look about half-way down the causeway, at one of the water throughways.

Many thanks to the birders we met on Saturday that gave us the tip!!!

Matt and I had a very successful trip, with 73 species located.  I've been going to Mattamuskeet since 1990, and I have never seen the water so low.  It made it good for shorebirds, but they need rain down there.

Brian Pendergraft
bkpbbird@bellsouth.net