Trip to Lake Junaluska

Today (1-25-02), I went to Haywood County (WNC) to check out a Common
Goldeneye at Lake Junaluska, reported to Wayne Forsythe by Bob Orluff
(spelling?).

I finally found the lone male paddling out in the middle of the lake away
from the "welfare recipients" close to the parking lot on the north side of
the lake.  I also saw two mute swans on the opposite side of the lake (SW
side?) taking hand outs.  I imagine that the duo were brought to the lake.
When I lived in northern New Jersey we would often find feral Mute Swans.