Sandhill Crane & others

Hi all,

I  was birding around the Hendersonville area this afternoon  &  my last
stop was the Four Season's Marsh just off the Four Season's  Blvd. I saw
a large gray bird pecking in the  ground on the skinny island of the
marsh. It looked like a crane
but I Thought it was probably a Great Blue Heron. I took out my scope to
verify & sure enough it was. I couldn't believe it!
I last saw it around 6 pm just in front of an old tree about 8-10 inches
in diameter that is broken off about  6-8 feet above the ground. I hope
it stays around tonight  & is there in the am  for those who want to see
it.  I also saw a Pintail, Shovler, Gadwall, Green-wing Teal & other
usuals.
At Lake Osceola there was several nice ducks also.
Ring-necked
Ruddys
Bufflehead
Gadwalls