HBSP on 2-22

Hi Carolinabirders,
    Sorry for this rather late post.  On Friday, members of the Grand Strand
Birding Group*, namely Paul Rogers, Bob Maxwell and myself birded at
Huntington Beach S.P., Murrells Inlet, Georgetown County, SC.  We birded the
causeway, carriage path, old entrance road, marsh boardwalk and the north
end of Sandpiper Pond.  43 species were id'd.  Highlights were: report by
Irvin Pitts of a tern along the beach on the way to the jetty that strongly
suggested a Roseate Tern. (Irvin was leading a trip for the Tidelands
Birding Festival and I believe Gary Phillips will be giving results soon),
In Mullet Pond were Green-winged Teal, Gadwall, Am. Wigeon, Lesser Scaup,
and Hooded Merganser, 6 shorbird species in the causeway salt marsh, with
good close looks at Greater and Lesser Yellowlegs together, 3 Downy
Woodpecker in a tussle, a nice flock of 30 Cedar Waxwings, and heard a
couple of Hermit Thrush.

Good birding and Good Company.

Jack Peachey
Conway, SC