Participants NEEDED f/ March 9(10) Hatteras Pelagic Trip

Dear Carolinabirders,

We are still looking for a few more birders to join the March 9(10)
pelagic trip. The group that originally approached me about running a
trip on that date has been unable to supply enough particpants to run
it, so we are hoping that this late message will reach enough interested
parties to make it a go. So far winter trips from Hatteras in 2002 have
found Black-capped Petrel, Northern Fulmar, Manx Shearwater, Red
Phalarope, Great Skua, Black-legged Kittiwake, and Razorbill, as well as
thousands of gannets and up to nine species of gulls in one day. We have
seen Humpback whales on both trips so far, and our last trip also found
a Sperm Whale and many Common Dolphins. If you are interested in the
March 9(10) trip please contact me ASAP, as I need to make a commitment
to the boat and registered participants SOON. More information about
this and other trips this year is on our website-
http://www.patteson.com/. We've had some trouble with a scanner so we
haven't been able to add the winter seabird pictures that we hoped to,
but we do have the Orca video clip from Feb. 3.  The best way to reach
me is by telephone at (252) 986-1363. Voice mail often doesn't pick up
until the 5th ring.

Thanks, and I hope that we are able to run this trip.

Brian Patteson
Hatteras, NC