Raven at UNCC; nesting Barred Owls

Birders,

A couple of months ago I was pretty sure I saw a Raven fly across the
UNC-Charlotte campus. A week or so ago I definitely saw a Raven and heard it
give its characteristic gurgling call. Was it just passing through?
Apparently so, as I have not otherwise seen them on campus.

During the past two weeks 4 of our 6 tagged rural female owls have started
incubating. I recently found one new nest that is 600 meters from another
nest. It'll be neat to see just how tightly they can pack into suburban vs.
unmodified habitat.

Eric Harrold
Charlotte, NC