Rusty Blackbirds in Conway, SC

Hi y'all,
    This morning I went over on New Rd. in Conway to see what the recent
weather front might have brought with it, specifically looking for N. Parula
and Yellow-throated Warbler. Neither of my targets were found, but the swamp
has water in it again! Woohoo! Best birds were a flock of 30 - 40 Rusty
Blackbirds at about 11 a.m. Ritch Lilly came over later in the p.m., but the
blackbirds were not relocated. Other cool birds included 7 woodpecker spp.,
B-g Gnatcatcher, Red-shouldered Hawk carring prey, and an owl sp. darting
low across the road. While we were trying to relocate the blackbirds, Ritch
spotted an Am. Bittern that gave us great looks from ~20 ft. away as it went
slinking about a flooded area.
    Also saw a Cloudless Sulphur and a very sharp Pearl Crescent "puddling"
in the nicely wet sand.

Cheers,
gary

Gary Phillips
Conway, SC
Sunset Zone 31
walela@sccoast.net
"...where is the person, I ask, who, on observing this glittering fragment
of the rainbow, would not pause, admire, and turn his mind with
reverence..." (J. J. Audubon)