Shrike and a tank!

Folks,

Today I went butterflying in the Richmond County section of the Sandhills
Gamelands. I ventured down the wrong road and saw a sigh that the road
wasn`t open to though traffic due to Fort Bragg. Well in this large open
field I was looking from the truck at wild plums and a Northern Shrike in
the top of them chasing about and didn`t see the "No Trespassing Federal
Property" sign, I drove part way down a snad track and parked the truck
just before the top of a hill. I walked towards a wild plum mass and saw a
greenish ofject, checked with binoc and saw a big green tank with its main
gun pointed right at me. I high tailed it out of there and then saw the
sign! Didn`t see any movement around the tank, but wasn`t sticking around
to see if anyone was around! Be extra careful if you go out there no days!
i did see 8 species of butterflies and a Hermit Thrush. Field Sparrows were
calling everywhere I went too!

Randy Emmitt
Rougemont, NC

Randy Emmitt Photography