Lake Julian/Buncombe County

Folks:
        Ducks on Lake Julian this winter have been less then spectacular.
However, this AM I braved 40+ knot winds and checked the lake hoping some
ducks may have been forced down due to the high winds.  Yes, my hunch proved
to be correct.  I observed the following ducks:Redheads (60-75), Bufflehead
(3), Lesser Scaup (65), a few Greater Scaup yesterday,  Northern Shovelers
(4), and Red-breased Mergansers (8).  Along the dam there were 7 Turkeys.
Common Loons and Horned Grebes should be arriving in the very near future.
Wayne
Wayne K. Forsythe
Hendersonville, N. C. 28791
828-697-6628