Santee Coastal Reserve on 3-10

Hi Carolinabirders,
    Today, Paul Rogers and visiting birder Terry Huzarski and myself birded
at the Santee Coastal Reserve, Charleston County, SC. Picked up a few year
birds and I'm happy to report that at least one of our nesting warblers has
returned in good numbers. All told we had 34 species at the reserve but
failed to id a Red-cockaded Woodpecker.
Best birds were:
White Ibis-fly over in Pawleys Island on the way down
Black Vulture-5
Am. Kestrel-1 hanging on the antenna near the shed.
Peregrine Falcon-1 fly over in Pawleys Island
Common Snipe-1 heard only-Terry saw it
Barred Owl-1 flew in front of us carry a long "black" snake
Purple Martin-1 a fly over at the Pawleys Island Hardees while waiting for
Terry.
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher-1
Blue-headed Vireo-1
Yellow-throated Warbler-at least a dozen singing. I life bird for Terry

Good birding and good company.

Jack Peachey
Conway, SC