Triangle Purple Martins???

Has anyone seen any purple martins in the Triangle?
Last spring I put up a martin house, but had no takers.

Last September I noticed martins hanging out on a neighbor's roof and
decided to try out a CD of martin songs I had purchased.  Within 30 minutes
of starting it playing, I had martins swarming all around my house.
The next day I had 50 or so martins sitting my roof.
It was amazing!  The CD is called "The Ultimate Purple Martin Lure" and it
lives up to it's title.

http://www.purplemartins.com/sales/pm-accessories2.htm

Too bad it was September and my friends were on there way to Brazil...

I'm wondering when I should start playing the CD.  Is it time yet?

Other tips on attracting martins would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

John Argentati
Greenview Pond
Raleigh, North Carolina

Greenview Pond is located on Blaney Franks Road, just west of Lake Wheeler,
in Raleigh North Carolina.  In spite of the fact that it's just a small farm
pond and marsh, the Wake County Audubon Society has observed over 200
species of birds there over the years.

Birders are always welcome to park in front of our house and bird watch from
our property.  We live at 2429 Lullwater Drive overlooking Greenview Pond.