Upper Catawba River Birds

I did a little birding this evening and found a few migrants.  At Lookout
Shoals Lake, I had my first Osprey of the year along with 3 DC Cormorants.
I then headed over to Dusty Ridge access on Lake Hickory and had 9 Horned
Grebes in every stage of plumage.  At Oxford access on Lake Hickory, I had 3
Red-breasted Mergansers, 3 Hooded Mergansers, 1 Horned Grebe(in breeding
plumage), 10 DC Cormorants(was able to see the double crest on most of them)
and a group of 10 Northern Rough-winged Swallows.  It was a nice evening!

Dwayne
Dwayne Martin
Foothills Bird Club
Claremont, NC