congaree national monument

  Ben Berry and I headed south today searching for early migrants along
the Congaree boardwalk. We were amply rewarded with many parulas, yellow
throated warblers and three white-eyed vireos. All these birds were very
vocal and easily seen from the boardwalk.             Lingering winter
birds were sapsucker, brown creeper, and both kinglets. No sign of black
and whites or blue grey gnatcatchers.
Additional spring moments included a pair of woodducks together on a
tree limb and a pair of titmice frantically constructing a new nest.
A small flock of turkeys crossing on the path ahead was just icing on
the cake to this lovely day.     Dave Lovett   Birdsalot@webtv.net
Charlotte,NC