Lunchtime Birding

Hi all,

A brief walk in the woods during lunchtime at Lake Crabtree County
Park (Wake County, NC) netted a BLACK-AND-WHITE
WARBLER, my first of the year, foraging (and singing loudly) with a
mixed flock - it's not out of the question that this was an
overwintering bird, but was nonetheless a nice harbinger of things
to come for me.  Only other bird of "note" was an AMERICAN
KESTREL, which I note because it was perched on a snag a ways
into the woods, which seemed a bit unusual.

The other usual suspects were, on the whole, singing rather lustily
:).

Didn't see anything in bloom yet (other than the redbuds on the
way in), but saw Hexastylis/Asarum sp. poking foliage up along
with what looked like Atamasco lilies.

I love Spring.

Happy Birding,

-Sandy