archilochus hummingbird, Horry County , SC

Birders,

I put up the hummingbird feeders yesterday, and today saw a male at the
feeder.  He was in bright sun and had such a dark throat that I have been
calling him a "black-chinned" all afternoon. Heck, I was sure of it, but
now that I see Susan Campbell's report of a ruby-throated at a NC feeder
today, I want to see him again in order to make certain.

Would a black-chinned be very possible? Or would they most likely be gone
by now?

thanks,
St.

Stephen Thomas