two surprises at Anilorac

THis morning was so stunningly crisp that I had to go out to Anilorac farm
in the hope that I might see a very early Prairie Warbler. No Prairies but
the minute I walked out onto Anilorac farm I flushed a Snipe and then as I
was recovering from this saw a handsome male N Harrier hunting the
fileds. THis is the first time I have ever seen a Harrier in Orange
County.
The faem pond was simply buzzing with Tree swallows some of whom were
mating int he air. There was apalm warbler at Maple View Farm and lots of
singing yellowthroats, chippies and meadowlarks. Yea!
Shantanu Phukan

SHANTANU PHUKAN
Lecturer in Urdu-Hindi & Indian Literature
University of N. Carolina, Chapel Hill
Curriculum in Asian Studies
Alumni Hall 413C
Chapel Hill, N.C. 27599