Northern Flicker

Have been hearing our local pileated WP all around the house, but now
realize I've also been hearing a Northern Flicker. Saw the female down
the mountain some, and she was enormously fat (egg-full?).

Now have a good handle on the difference in song
pileated - changes in pitch from low to high to low, changes pace from
slow to fast to slow, changes in volume from slow to fast to slow.

flicker- more contant in pitch, pace, and volume.

--

Russ Palmeri

Watching me
watching her