Hilton Pond 04/01/02 (Mud Daubers)

HI . . .

Mud Daubers are wasps that we sometimes take for granted and even
hold in disdain. When you get down to it, however, they're  pretty
fascinating little creatures whose role in nature goes beyond just
plastering their nests against the eaves of your house.

There are plenty of Mud Daubers at Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont
Natural History, as we describe in the photo essay under "This Week
at Hilton Pond" for the week" of 1-7 April 2002. The installment is
at http://www.hiltonpond.org/ThisWeek020401.html .

There's also the usual list of banded and recaptured birds, including
an old Dark-eyed Junco and some returning Ruby-throated Hummingbirds.

Please don't forget to forward this message to folks who share our
interest in nature.  :-)

Happy Nature Watching!

BILL
--

BILL HILTON JR., "The Piedmont Naturalist"
hilton@hiltonpond.org, (803) 684-5852, eFax: (503) 218-0845

Please visit our web sites (courtesy of Comporium.net) at
http://www.hiltonpond.org and
http://www.rubythroat.org

"Never trust a person too lazy to get up for sunrise or too busy to
watch the sunset."					BHjr.