Prothonotary warbler

     My major New Year's resolution was to work on my Cumberland County
list.  In January I drew up a "hit" list of 27 species based on my lists
for adjacent counties.  Since then I've reduced that list by 7 species,
including  prothonotary warbler, which I found this morning at Harrison
Creek in the southeastern corner of the county.  A special thanks to
Bill Warfel, who told me that the prothonotaries had arrived.  I heard
at least 3 and had a good look at one.  I also heard a possible
yellow-throated warbler, cardinals amd a towhee.  My other target
species this morning was Louisiana waterthrush, but I didn't hear any.

Bob
Robert C. Perkins, Ph.D.
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
Methodist College, Fayetteville, NC 28311
910-630-7037     rperkins@methodist.edu