Sunday-Jackson Park

Harvey Neal and I birded JP this am for three hours. The Nature Trail
was not too productive, though we did have close-up looks at the
resident White-eyed Vireo, good up-front views of a non-reclusive
Orange-crowned, and a number of the ubiquitous Ruby-crowns.

The Warbler Trail was not too active at the start-just the usual sparrow
brigade- but farther down we came across a trio of silent Great-crested
Flycatchers moving around within a few yards of one another. Above them
we had an equally silent Red-eyed Vireo in good view.
Toward the end of the trail, we had repeated low-level looks at a nicely
plumaged Prairie W.

We closed out the morning with a fairly good look at an Ovenbird on the
Bottom Lands Trail. During our walk, Harvey did hear a number of singing
Parulas, but we never did get to see one. Also, we failed to get the
Black and White and Hooded Warblers we were looking for. Overall, not a
bad day!

Tom Joyce
 Brevard, NC