Beaver Lake Sanctuary in Asheville

I checked out Beaver Lake Sanctuary today, looking for Marilyn's House
Wrens and Yellow Warblers.  No luck with either, although I do think I
caught a snatch of Yellow Warbler song.  No worries, though, as my
Aussie friend Andrea would say.  The beautiful male Baltimore Oriole
more than made up for it.

BTW, the Blue Ridge Parkway, which I did not get to until late
afternoon, was very quiet, with only Black-and-white Warblers and
Red-eyed Vireos for company for the most part, with a couple of
Black-throated Green Warblers thrown in.  I didn't even hear a bunch of
unidentified songsters, which is my usual problem.  I will be able to
get out there early tomorrow, and hopefully there will be more activity.

Amalie Tuffin
Durham, NC