Swainson's Warbler, Cattle Egret, Hemlock Bluffs birds

As Gary mentioned in a previous post several members of the Wake Audubon
group enjoyed excellent looks at several Swainson's Warblers Saturday
morning.  Thanks again to John Gerwin, John Conners, and Steve Dubose from
IP for providing access and a great education on these little brown
skulkers!  These birds were along the Pee Dee River in Marion County SC.

Back home I took a spin down the Mid-Pines Road/NCSU farms area.  The most
unusual birds were 2 Cattle Egrets poking around among the, uh, cattle...
(of course).  Also present were my first Spotted Sandpiper of the year and
a pair of Eastern Kingbirds.

The heat of the day (what a phrase for April!) slowed things a bit at
Hemlock Bluffs in Cary Sunday afternoon, but several neotrops put in an
appearance nonetheless.  Seen or heard were:

Acadian FC
Scarlet Tanager
Summer Tanager
Louisiana WT
N Parula
Red-eyed Vireo
Wood Thrush
...and more butterbutts than you could shake a stick at.

Have a great week!
Steve Shultz
Apex, NC