Guest book

All,

Here's a suggestion: The Williams' in Winston-Salem were kind enough to
llet many of us see the clliope that visited them over the winter, and
they regret not having put out a guest book to record the bird's
visitors. I suspect a majority of those who visited the bird learned of
over Carolinabirds. How about we construct a virtual guest book
consisting of e-mail thank you notes fom those of us who saw it. I
suppose it would be a good idea to check with the Williams to see if
they would welcome such a record of visitors (Ms. Ramona, could you do
that?).

I for one greatly enjoyed seeing the little rascal; it took me back to
my days in Nevada, and the pugnacious little calliope that showed up
reliable as clock work every Spring in the tip of the same white fir
tree in Dog Valley. And Mr. Williams was a very gracious host.

Take care,

Clyde Sorenson

Clayton & Raleigh, NC
clyde_sorenson@ncsu.edu