R-b. Grosbeaks markings

After seeing males in the yard this past week, finally had what I think were
2 female Rose-breasted Grosebeaks on my sunflower feed this afternoon.
Noticed that their breasts, both with buffy coloring, had different
streaking.  One had more streaks which were also bolder, and the other had
much less and much finer streaking.  Don't think it was an immature male,
though I thought about making it into one.  The female, according to the
Sibley Guide, should change from a buffiness to white under the streaking in
spring.

Shelley Theye

Shelley Theye
N. Chatham County, NC   (south of Chapel Hill)
Psbmt@aol.com