Yard Bird #133-Louisiana Waterthrush

Hello All,

    Yesterday, while thinking that spring migration was mostly passing me by,
I heard the loud, clear call of a Louisiana Waterthrush across the creek in
the back. This cooperative bird then flew out where I could see it clearly
and distinctly.  I have had Northern Waterthrushes for three years in a row,
though not yet this year.The habitat is more to the liking of the Northern
Waterthrushes. If it was not for the migrants, I think I would be burning
much more fossil fuel chasing after rarities. Cheers.
    Also yesterday,  a Red-shouldered Hawk relieved me of one of my
ubiquitous Eastern Chimpmunks. I was beginning to think that the chipmunks
had no natural predators around here.

Steve Tracy
Gastonia, NC