Long-billed Curlew @ Ft. Fisher spit

Hello All,

Drove down the Ft. Fisher spit in my 4x4 this a.m.
Highlight at X-over 4 (estuary side) was a lone
Long-billed Curlew feeding in the shallow water.
Initially took it to be a Marbeled Godwit, but after
putting my scope on the beast I could see I had had
better luck than that.  Tide on estuary side was a
little past halfway towards high and he was rapidly
losing the high ground he had been working.

Other birds of interest were Nelson's Sharp-tailed
Sparrow (3), Red Knots (3 still pretty much in basic
plumage), Wilson's Plovers, Sandwich and Gull-billed
Terns, and a late Red-Breasted Merg. (F).

Hope everyone sees lots of warblers out at Black Mtn.
this weekend.

Bruce Smithson
318 W. Blackbeard Rd.
Wilmington, NC  28409