N Carolina Trip

Dear All

Just back in the UK following our trip to North Carolina.  We had a great
time and the final total was 136 species including 14 "lifers" for me.  The
highlights were a superb pair of painted buntings, red cockaded woodpecker
and some of the warblers which were new to me including yellow throated,
Cerulian, worm eating, palm and hooded.  Disapointments included Swainson's,
Kentucky and Canada warblers warblers but I guess you always have to leave
some for the next trip!

Many thanks to all the Carolinabirders who generously gave me advise.

Kind regards

Geoff Holmes
geoff.holmes@btopenworld.com
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom