Forgot to add

I forgot to add that I saw a tough little RTHB squared off with a blue-gray
gnatcatcher at Mason Farm the other day.  The little hummer went
face-to-face with the blue-gray.  As the hummer zipped a foot right and then
a foot left, always returning to front-and-center, the blue-gray just
perched on a branch almost motionless.  Almost motionless is rare by itself,
but when the blue-gray did a "orupendula like- flip" and hung upside down,
the hummer became almost frantic.  The wing noises from the hummer were
clearly audible from 30 feet.

The blue-gray finally caved.  The hummer zipped away.  All's well that ends
well!

I looked for a hummer nest, but saw nothing near.

Mel Hochhalter
MelH@nc.rr.com
Chapel Hill, NC