Full Nest & Ducks Have It Hard

The House Finches now have five eggs in their nest in the Boston Fern on my
front porch. Most of the time they are both sitting in the hanging basket
together chirping and singing.

Monday as I was working in the yard a splash brought my attention to the
other side of the pond. I saw an Osprey and heard a duck call only to see
the Osprey fly away with a very small duckling. The male Mallard flew over
but it was too late. Now there is only one little duckling. Yesterday as I
was kayaking in the pond a turtle was after the poor little thing. This AM I
happened to see that it was still alive and swimming close by to mom. I hope
it makes it!

Ginny Gillam
Edenton, NC