proposed military exemption for ESA

According to NPR will be voted upon tomorrow and I think (solidly) voted
down. I haven't been alerted to contact my representative, although that
might still not be a bad idea. This would affect RCWs at Fort Bragg and Camp
Lejuene as well as some pelagic species on Pacific islands. Bet you can't
guess the party affiliation of the bill's sponsor or that of the individual
who is leading the opposition. Does the ESA pose a threat to the training
capability of the military at facilities such as Fort Bragg, or is this an
attempt to play the "American patriotism" card (question posed by NPR)?
Should the military be asked to bear the burden of endangered species
management even if such activity doesn't pose a threat? I think there are
several who would say that the RCW efforts at Ft. Bragg have been very
valuable to the species and will hopefully continue. The time is NOW folks.
Contact your representative via email or call early tomorrow.

Eric Harrold
Charlotte, NC