Birding the Outer Banks?

Hello Carolina Birders,

I first would like to say that I joined this list on a
temporary basis in hopes of posing bird finding
questions in anticipation of our upcoming pelagic trip
Memorial Day weekend. However, I'm sorry to see that a
thread got so out of hand which apparently started
over some observations of starlings interacting with
flickers.
I was hoping that I could set my options on this list
in digest mode so I wouldn't get bombarded with so
many unnecessary e-mails, but this list doesn't have
that option.

I'm tempted to unsubscribe from this list, but then I
wouldn't be able to ask questions of local birders.
Or I may have to rely on Fussell's book, which may not
be up to date for things like Black Rail, Seaside
Sparrow, Glossy Ibis, Roseate Tern, jaegers,
shorebirds, or recent sightings such as the
Long-billed Curlew and Scissor-tailed Flycatchers.
So if you have any up to date information on these
species in close proximity to the Outer Banks, or to
Hatteras in particular, please drop me a private
e-mail.
Otherwise I may have to just rely on checking the
archives of this list.

Goodbye,

David A. Brinkman
Cincinnati, OH