Re: Five Flicker Eggs

According to Hal Harrison, "A Field Guide to Birds' Nests..." the egg
producing prowess of Flickers is notable:

"By removing 1 egg a day, leaving 1 egg as a "nest egg," 71 eggs were
removed from 1 flicker nest in 73 days...In 169 nests the following were
recorded: 11 sets of 4, 16 of 5, 35 of 6, 34 of 7, 38 of 8, 17 of 9, 13 of
10, 3 of 12, 1 each of 13 and 14."

Craig, you may be waiting a while before Lady Flicker quits laying.  Any
bets on where she'll stop?  Six looks good.

-----
Greg Dodge
Brownbag Productions
Hillsborough, NC