Hilton Pond 05/01/02 (Rose-breasted Grosbeak)

HI . . .

This spring there's been a "glut" of Rose-breasted Grosbeaks at
Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural History, and we were
fortunate enough to capture some of them for banding.

For some stunning close-up photos of and an essay about this
impressive big-billed migrant, visit "This Week at Hilton Pond" for
the week of 1-7 May 2002; just click on
http://www.hiltonpond.org/ThisWeek020501.html .

There's also the usual list of banded and recaptured birds, plusa
mug short of an adult male Common Yellowthroat. (Once again, it's
nothing but birds in this week's edition!)

Please don't forget to forward this message to folks who share our
interest in nature.  :-)

Happy Spring, and Happy Nature Watching!

BILL
--

BILL HILTON JR., "The Piedmont Naturalist"
hilton@hiltonpond.org, (803) 684-5852, eFax: (503) 218-0845

Please visit our web sites (courtesy of Comporium.net) at
http://www.hiltonpond.org and
http://www.rubythroat.org

"Never trust a person too lazy to get up for sunrise or too busy to
watch the sunset."					BHjr.