Purple Gallinule at Avon

Carolinabirders,

I received a Purple Gallinule into Wildlife Rehabilitation early this
week.   He was found on the beach in Avon being attacked by gulls.  He
was about 10% dehydrated as well as 75 to 100 grams underweight as well
as suffering from "migration fatigue."  He is eating well, gaining weight
and hopefully, will be released this weekend on Ocracoke or Pea Island.

There are several spots frequented by Moorhens ( not tourists) between
the Camp Ground and the Pony Pen here on Ocracoke.  I an still attempting
to get permission to release at Pea Island with him pointed in a
southerly direction.
Kindly

Elizabeth Hanrahan
Wildlife Rehabilitator