bunting update

Here's an update on the gimpy painted bunting.  I'm seeing him several times
a day doing all the things a bunting does--eating, bathing, preening, etc.
Just now he was at the bird bath with a female--that's a treat to see them
together.  The injured right foot is tucked up nearly out of sight now and
his balance seems much better.  The other foot seems stronger or something
because he perches on the feeder to eat easily and also on the rim of the
birdbath to drink.   He is a survivor!  There is another male in perfect
shape that I see at the feeders and bird bath regularly too.

Bruce Krucke
Yonges Island, SC