Max Patch/Stecoah Gap directions

Sorry, mislabeled my post about the Chestnut-sided W.

Here are the directions to Max Patch for all interested, reposted from a
message by Marilyn Westphal. Also directions to Stecoah Gap, another
good birding spot near Max Patch, diretion from Simon Thompson.

Max Patch Directions:

>From the Hwy 209 exit off I-40.  You follow Hwy 209 to Fines Creek Road
which becomes Max Patch Road.  If you find Fines Creek on the map and
follow it upstream to the headwaters you'll get the idea. The
Golden-wings (as well as Least Flycatchers) are found for some distance
up Fines Creek/Max Patch Road.
reposted from a message by Marilyn Westphal, April 11th

Stecoah Gap Directions

>From Exit 27 off I-40,  to US 74/19/23. Continue west on US 74 (at times
it is also US 19, US 23 or US 441) for 46 miles. US 74 will be joined by
Nc 28.
Keep going straight on US 74 West/NC 28 North for atother 3.1 miles.
Stay on NC 28 North to Robbinsville/Fontana when it splits off to the
right.

Go 11.6 miles no NC 143 and turn left towards Robbinsville. (Note the
Wolk Creek convenience story at about 9 miles. This is a good place to
get supplies and go to the BR. It will be the last shot at this in the
trip.)

After 1.1 miles, you will reach the House of Prayer church on your left.
Go another 0.6 miles to the top of the hill, where you will see on your
left a parking area, a picnic table, a gated Forest Service Road and the
Appalachian Trail. This is Stecoah Gap.

from Simon Thompson's directions (www.birdventures.com)

Good hunting.
--