Dairyland Dickcissels doubtful

In case anyone is waiting for this year's news of
Dickcissels on Dairyland Road, the field where they
nested last year was mowed at a much earlier date this
year.  I suppose it's possible they could still move in
as the next hay crop grows.  A hopeful sign is that I
heard a Grasshopper Sparrow still singing in the field
when I made a brief stop there this morning.  There are
plenty of other hay fields in the area that could
attract Dickcissels, but they are mostly mowed too.

--
Kent Fiala
writing from Cary, NC