max patch golden wings

 I was asked by several people to be more specific about just where I
heard
the Golden WInged Warblers on territory during my recent visit to Max
Patch road, so here goes. First, I heard no Golden Wings at all at the
intersection of Max Patch and Sugar COve Roads. However, if from this
corner you backtrack a little (ie. go AWAY from MT Max Patch and towards
the little village of Spring Creek) and come to a large farm house with a
row of Cannas growing along the road and keep backtracking then on your up
hill side right pas the farm house you will see an abandoned pasture. It
was in this field that one of the golden wings was calling and another was
calling from the pasture downhill and across the Max Patch Road. I forget
the name of the street just before Sugar Cove Road (it may be Turkey
Creek), but this pasture was well before you came to this street. In other
words you are much closer to Sugar COve than to the next street before
it. I heard the Golden WIngs at 10 am and by the time I left they were
showing n osigns at all of letting up on their singing, though maddeningly
enough they would not permit me a glimpse. Hope this helps to those who
wanted more specific directions.

SHANTANU PHUKAN
Lecturer in Urdu-Hindi & Indian Literature
University of N. Carolina, Chapel Hill
Curriculum in Asian Studies
Alumni Hall 413C
Chapel Hill, N.C. 27599