Mulberry tree

Hi, Kate tells me that the "sassafras" trees at the base of my mulberry
tree are probably baby mulberries, and you know what?  She's right.  My
tree book doesn't list "black mulberry" as a species, but I reread all
the descriptions it does list, and ours does indeed appear to be a red
mulberry.  There are a few diggable saplings in the same area, and
probably more at the edge of the woods (I've noticed other "sassafras"
saplings!).  We'll be glad to share - let me know!

Sherri Carpenter
Roxboro, NC