Black-bellied Whistling-Duck at Charleston, SC

Today Jane Chew and I saw a Black-bellied Whistling-Duck at Magnolia
Gardens in Charleston, SC.  We were walking the dikes at the very back of
the property along the Ashley River, checking out the Least Bitterns, and
the duck was sitting in full view on a ramp/platform in the middle of the
pool formed by the dikes.  In addition to the duck and the bittern, we had
all the usual waders, including Black-necked Stilt.

If you plan on going to see the bird, please note that there's a charge for
entering the plantation.

Jim Edwards
jim.edwards@furman.edu