Binoculars

Hello Carolinabirders,

I am buying a new pair if binoculars  and wanted to know if anyone has a
recommendation. I have looked at all price ranges and several different
brands. including Swarovski El and Nikons, but am interested in some Pentax
models.Does anyone use Pentax DCF WP's 8x32 or 8x42, UCF "X" 8xor10x25, or
Eagle Optics new Platinum Ranger 8x42. I am not familiar with Eagle Optics
and would appreciate any input or advice on binoculars. One dealer said if
I am birding I should not consider anything other than a 10x 42?? My eyes
are extremely light sensitive so I wear sunglasses all the time...even on
cloudy days...so I found out I need something with a large eyecup which
ruled out some of the compact models I. looked at. Any help would be
greatly appreciated. Thanks!

PS. Weight is a concern too, because I carry a lot of camera equipment
sometimes and I  would like something with a close focus.

You can e-mail privately too.

Kaye Fenlon
Clemson,SC
ktfenlon@minspring.com