re: owl calls

Dear Tom and Carolina Birders,

Just so there is no confusion, I did not mention hearing a "barking" call.
Beth Wiley made this comparison. What I (and Ritch Lilly) heard was a group
of screech owls making a whole range of calls: tremelos, whinnies, and the
single-noted series.

Very interesting story though! I will have to listen out for the "barking"
of great horned owls.

Leah

p.s. Ritch and I had a great evening birding around my family's property in
southern Chester county. I am hoping he will post his full species account
for the day, plus any particularly memorable birding experiences. ;-)

Leah Campbell
Blackstock, SC
leahcam@lycos.com
faeriemaiden@hotmail.com