Congrats!!

Howdy!

Joe and I are members of the Conservation Trust of North Carolina (CTNC)
and are active volunteers for our local Triangle Land Conservancy in
Raleigh. Awards were mentioned in the latest summer CTNC newsletter. I'm
happy to say someone we all know, or have heard of, received the
Stanback Conservationist Award.

"This award, given for outstanding conservation by an individual, went
to John Fussell, a self-employed biologist who volunteers numerous hours
for the North Carolina Coastal Land Trust as well as other conservation
organizations. When asked why he volunteered so much of his time to
conservation Mr. Fussell responded, "In my lifetime I have seen species
squeezed into smaller and smaller areas. I want to help preserve the
state coastal plain's rich natural biodiversity. Sometimes all it takes
is the action of one or two people to get the ball rolling and make a
difference."

There's also a cute picture of John holding up a framed picture.
Congratualations JOHN!!

Happy birding! Karen Bearden
Raleigh