Bird Scopes

I'm interested in buying a good quality bird scope but I'm having trouble getting comparative information or finding a regional store that offers a selection of scopes and knowledgeable salespeople. The local Charlotte stores I've checked have limited product availability and the sales people aren't much help in answering my questions. I've read about the new Swarovski ATS - 80 HD at the high price end and the new Eagle Optics 78 mm Raven at the low price end and I'm trying to make a value judgment.

I would appreciate any advice, experience or comments off-line.

John Bonestell
jmcblake@aol.com