Razorbills

Friends,

Steve Schultz was kind enough to let me tag along today for a trip to Wrightsville Beach.  We started out at Johnny Mercer's pier, and although the winds were light early, they picked up drastically late.

We headed south to Masonburg Inlet and after a few minutes of Looon watching we found a single Razorbill approximately 200 yards away in the inlet.  This bird was very cooperative,staying on the surface of the water, and avoiding boat traffic.

When the bird finally took off, Steve located a second bird on the wing, heading towards the jetty. Our view of the first bird was excellent, due to perfect lighting.

We were unable to locate the Murre, but the Razorbill was a lifer for me.

I also saw my first hummer of the season this afternoon.  (one day earlier than last year.)