Orange, Durham, and Chatham County Birders

Wanted Wildathon Participants!

Dear birders--I am writing as the chair of the New
Hope Audubon Society Wildathon 2003.  What's
Wildathon?  Well, it's our chapter's spin on the
National Audubon Society's Birdathon.

Birdathon (or Wildathon) is an annual fund-raiser
similar to a Walkathon--for birders!  Teams raise
funds and bird for a good cause.  Although New Hope
has it's share of birding teams, we also have a
tradition of teams that count things other than birds,
such as flowers, aquatic critters, reptiles, insects,
etc. (hence the Wildathon theme).

All of the funds raised are used for education and
preservation. This year funds are dedicated to go to
the Mason Farm Biological Reserve, the National
Audubon Society's Coastal Sanctuaries, and for New
Hope's Educational Outreach programs.

If you would like to participate, please contact me at
bobbiecp@yahoo.com or 403-8345.

How can you help?
     *Lead a team,
     *be on a team,
     *count birds in your backyard/neighborhood,
     *or write a check to New Hope Audubon Society
(send to c/o me at 2326 Huron Street, Durham, NC
27707).

Bobbie Collins-Perry
Wildathon Chair, New Hope Audubon Society
Durham, NC

=====
I have decided to stick with love.
Hate is too great a burden to bear.