Six-legged bird!

Had a six-legged bird late this evening!  I pulled around the bus loop at
Forestbrook Middle School in Myrtle Beach to check this thing out closer.
Upon more careful inspection, the adult Killdeer (momma, I guess) squirmed
around a bit and out popped the two chicks that had been huddled underneath.
All I'd been able to see at first was one bird and six legs.  The bodies of
the babies appeared to be about the size of a half-dollar.

Good Birding!
Ritch Lilly
Myrtle Beach, SC
scbeachbums@hotmail.com