Caspian Terns and Barn Swallows on Lake Norman

The first Barn Swallow (BARS) I have observed this season appeared in flight
over the Lake Norman waters at the Hwy 1109 bridge (one mile NW of I-77 exit
33).  In the same area, I saw a kiting tern, and stopped and binoc'ed long
enough to determine:

1. They were of the Caspian persuasion (CATE), and
2. there were two of them.

Also, RTHU males have been feeding at my drink-stations since last Friday -
their first appearance for me this season, and a Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
(BGGN) was vocalizing and foraging in my backyard Willow Oak.

Two Osprey (OSPR) were circling nr the top of a cell-phone tower on Brawley
School Rd. this afternoon - one had a fish in his/her talons and defecated
from on-high while I watched.

Cheers! 7;^)
Tomm "The Uncertainty Principal" Lorenzin
Mooresville (Lake Norman), NC
skytomm(at)1000plus.com
 Stern-Gerlach wrenches:
What it takes to be a real